Perry Research Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana

3 posters

Go down

john - Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana Empty Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana

Post by Marianne Perry Marshall Sun 17 Feb 2008, 7:00 pm

Hello fellow Perrys! I am trying to locate a link between my gggg-grandfather, John Perry (B: abt 1750 N. Ireland) immig. to Virginia abt 1775 & became a Rev. War Soldier. One of his sons was Henry Perry (B: abt 1785) in Virginia - moved to Indiana abt 1825. One of Henry's sons was John Wesley Perry (B: 1819) in Logan Co., Virginia (now WVa) who became a physician in Madison Co., Indiana. Anyone have an info on this lineage of mine? I'm pretty confident in my research up to Henry, but am not sure of John's wife and parents back in N. Ireland. Thanks for any help/links you can give me. -Marianne Perry Marshall

Marianne Perry Marshall
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

john - Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana Empty RE: John Perry

Post by PerryResearch Sun 17 Feb 2008, 8:03 pm

Information on this family is on the main part of the website at: www.perryresearch.net. John Perry (Jr) was a descendant of James Perry of Perrymount and my forth great-grandpa! I descend from his son Joseph. John was a minor when his father brought him to America. He married Elizabeth McClung (late 1770's) and then Jane Nelson (1798- no children by this marriage). John was the son of John Sr whose wife's name isn't known to me. He may have also been married twice. John Sr. was the third son of Swift Perry who was the son of James Perry of Perrymount. This family lived in County Down, Ireland (Northern Ireland today). James' ancestry is unproven though there are a few possibilities. I have hundreds of pages of information on this family Exclamation
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

http://www.perryresearch.net

Back to top Go down

john - Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana Empty John Perry reply

Post by Marianne Perry Marshall Fri 14 Mar 2008, 7:25 pm

Thanks so much for your kind reply. I would love to have more solid proof of a connection to this line (and as your distant cousin) as I keep seeing the same connections you gave me from your research (back to Swift Perry of Ireland) and have also seen your fourth great-grandpa Joseph's connection. Perhaps I should start looking at ship manifests? If you have any advice or anything otherwise you'd care to share, please do. Again, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. -Marianne

Marianne Perry Marshall
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

john - Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana Empty Re: Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana

Post by edemack Wed 19 Mar 2008, 11:57 am

I too am trying to find info on John Perry Jr and Sr. I have found the links back to James of Perrymount. But so far everything I'm finding on the Rev. War Soldier, it would almost have to be Sr. unless the birth year (1758-60) I have found is wrong for Jr. I descend from Joseph. I'd loved to have more info if you'd be kind enough to share. Also if I find record of his arrival in America, I'll pass it along.

edemack
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

john - Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana Empty Re: Perry Family from Ireland to Virginia to Indiana

Post by Marianne Perry Marshall Sat 30 Aug 2008, 9:41 pm

My family research up to the Rev. War Soldier shows him born around the mid 1750s also. I believe it to be John, Jr. and the father of my gggg-grandfather Henry born in what is now W. Va. Any luck with any ship lists? It's almost a curse having a common surname like this, although I'm quite proud of my heritage and am sure you are, too. If you have any holes in your research, perhaps I have the answer and together we can break through this brick wall. -Marianne

Marianne Perry Marshall
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down