Perry Research Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry family from England to Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky

2 posters

Go down

Perry family from England to Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky Empty Perry family from England to Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky

Post by Virginia Abel Sun 27 Jan 2008, 9:44 pm

My great grandfather was William Perry born 1854 in Indiana and died 1935 in Kentucky. His father, Nathan W. Perry was born 1811 or 1813 in Maryland and died 1863 in Harrison County, Indiana. Nathan married Elizabeth Gladden Jameson in Indiana. (Official documentation consists of family records, census records, death certificates, marriage certificates and visits to burial sites.) Family records list my Perrys coming from England, and James Perry and Sally Adams as parents of Nathan W. Perry. Unknown if James was born in England or America or if James and Sally were married in England or America. Looking for connection with others searching this Perry line and documentation on James and Sally. Will share. Virginia

Virginia Abel
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Perry family from England to Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky Empty Re: Perry family from England to Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky

Post by lindam Tue 19 May 2009, 9:13 am

I also have a William (Florence) Perry born in MD. 1838. He fought in the Civil War for Louisiana. Not sure if his parents remained in MD. or if they had moved to La. which is why he fought for the south. For all I know, they moved from MD. to a state that I have not searched yet and he was simply mustered in or assigned to a New Orleans regiment when he decided to fight for the south (I am not sure how that worked). This is my brick wall. I just know he was originally from Perrys from Maryland. Am searching for anyone who may have this name in their family genealogy, but so far to no avail.

lindam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down