Perry Research Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elias Perry b 1797 - Steuben/Yates County NY - Brickwall

Go down

perry - Elias Perry b 1797 - Steuben/Yates County NY -  Brickwall Empty Elias Perry b 1797 - Steuben/Yates County NY - Brickwall

Post by Dawndee69 Mon 30 May 2011, 2:20 pm

I need help with a brick wall - finding info/family on my ggg grandfather, Elias Perry. I know he was born 1797 in New York (I think) and died March 25, 1850 in Lenawee County MI. He married Anna Raplee (date unknown). While I can find TONS of info on Anna Raplee and her family, I can find nothing on Elias or any of his family. I think he had a brother named William born about 1798. (Elias' children were residing with him in 1850 after Elias died)

Elias and Anna had the following Children:

Erasmus Perry b abt 1821 NY
Phierson/Pherson Perry (my gg grandfather) b abt 1823 NY
Zelotus Perry b Dec 25, 1826 (Steuben County) NY
Uriah Perry b abt 1829 NY
James Perry b abt 1831 NY
Willmer Perry b abt 1834 Yates Co NY
Eliza Perry b abt 1837 Yates Co NY
Anson Perry b abt 1839 Yates Co NY
Darwin Perry b date unknown

Elias and Anna emigrated to Lenawee County Michigan sometime around 1840 - 1843 (They show in the 1845 state Census) and had the following children:

Chauncey Perry b April 21, 1843 Springville, Lenawee County MI
Jasper Perry b Dec 30, 1845 Springville, Lenawee County MI

I can find precious little on Elias. I have found a few notation in county history books for Steuben and Yates County. I know he was a Mason and he was one of the early members of the Evening Star Masonic Lodge No 44 about 1814 (Steuben Co). I know he was a member of the Dundee Baptist Church in Starkey, Yates County.

He must have lived in a place where it became yates county when it was formed. I need help. Is there anyone researching Perrys in New York (Steuben or Yates County)? I live in North Idaho and am not close enough to go there and research. I am trying to find any family of his so I can take this line farther. Does anyone have any suggestions? Helpful hints? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Dawn (Perry) Best
Dawndee69
Dawndee69
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down