Perry Research Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queries from the Perry Ezine

3 posters

Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Queries from the Perry Ezine

Post by PerryResearch Fri 14 Dec 2007, 6:18 pm

Do you have an answer or comment about one or more of the queries listed so far in the Perry Ezine? Post it here! Smile
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

http://www.perryresearch.net

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Perry Ezine Vol. 1 Queries

Post by PerryResearch Fri 01 May 2009, 12:53 am

1) Does anyone have information on William Florence Perry who was born about 1838 in Maryland and later moved to Gregg County, Texas? A descendant of William needs information on his parents and the whereabouts they lived in Maryland.

2) Does anyone have information on Robert E. Perry who was born about 1777 in Bedford County, VA or possibly in one of the surrounding counties? He moved to Kanawha County in what is now West Virginia around 1807/08. He was reportedly of Irish descent.

3) Does anyone have information on Reuben Perry who was born in Prince Edward County, VA, died bef Oct. 1833 NC, and had three daughters: Lucy Ann, Frances Elizabeth, & Susan M?

4) Does anyone have information on Willard Perry who married Comfort Ann Green b.1793 in RI & lived in Wayne and Cattaraugus Counties in NY?

5) Does anyone have information on William Thomas Perry who was born abt 1845 in NC, lived in Haywood County, TN from 1865-1905, and married Alice Jane McAlpin?

6) Does anyone have information on David Perry of New Hampshire born 18 Dec 1812 and married Phoebe before 1837?

7) Does anyone have information on Allen Perry born 1814 in Corinth, ME, had a brother named John, moved to Washington County, OH, and married Deborah Mayhew?

8 ) Does anyone have information on James Perry of England who married Sarah Adams and lived in Maryland and Indiana?

9) Does anyone have information on the sons (John 1787 and Jacob 1792) of John Perry (1756 Eng/MD) who married Barbara Hoffman in Baltimore, MD and then lived in Shepherdstown, VA (WV)?

10) Does anyone have information on Edward Perry born 1826 Claiborne County, TN, moved to Brown County, IL and married Elizabeth Worthington there in 1853?

11) Does anyone have information on James Perry abt 1730 Wales who married Sarah Conley of Ireland in 1755 NY?

12) Does anyone have information on Richard H. Perry born abt 1827 and married Naomi Gipe or Pettinos and lived in Dauphin County, PA with their six children?

13) Does anyone have information on George Perry who moved to New York City around 1850/51?

14) Does anyone have information on Rufus King Perry born abt 1835, son of Mary “Polly” Perry of North Carolina, and lived in Roane County, TN in the mid 1800’s?

15) Does anyone have information on Benjamin Perry and his wives, (1st) Sarah McCoy and (2nd) Jane Vance?

16) Does anyone have information on the ancestry of Thomas Perry born 1748 NC who was the father of William Johnson Perry born 1775 NC?

Please post a reply with the query number in the subject line if you have any information on these families.
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Query from PE3.05

Post by PerryResearch Tue 05 May 2009, 10:34 pm

This month we have a query from me, the Editor.

I’m looking for a male Perry descendant of Daniel and Eleanor Perry of MD, Greenbrier Co., VA, and KY (who may be related to me) to volunteer for the Perry DNA Project. I am willing to pay for a 12 marker test for this volunteer. If they wish to test more markers, they will have to come up with the additional funds. They MUST provide me with their known Perry ancestral line (no living persons) to prove the connection to Daniel and Eleanor and tell me the DNA test results (marker numbers) to see if a match is made. If for some reason, it doesn’t match, it’s okay, no refund is needed.

Post responses or questions here, message me in the forums, or email me directly. It's believed that Daniel Perry was the son of Rev John Perry s/o James of Perrymount. I descend from James' son Swift and my uncle has took the DNA test.
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty John Perry Sr & Jr

Post by wlperry Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

Please reply if this is an active site. I believe I am descended from Swift Perry (son of James and Ann Swift) third son John.

Last edited by PerryResearch on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)

wlperry
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty RE: John Perry Sr & Jr

Post by PerryResearch Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:47 am

Yes, the site is still active. I am a descendant of Swift Perry's son John as well.

Last edited by PerryResearch on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Re: John Perry Sr & Jr

Post by wlperry Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:56 am

I am looking for information on John Perry, wife Elizabeth McClung, and other wife Jane Nelson. Ultimately, I would like records to confirm his particpation in the Rev War. I found a reference to Military Records: private in a Virginia unit, married to Elizabeth McClung, but no citation or record source. I descend from one of his sons, Henry Perry B: 1786, in Greenbrier (Monroe) County, Virginia Death: 13 MAR 1855 in Marim, Linn County, Iowa. My family history written by John's g-granddaughter indicates John was born in Ireland, came to America and fought in the Rev. War. I'm fairly certain his marriage with Elizabeth McClung is the correct John in my lineage. There are citations that put John's birth in 1750/54, others 1758/60 in Ireland. His father was also, John. The John Sr. born about 1722 was reported to be the third son of Swift Perry II. Published reference to Henry’s father being the John Perry that came from Ireland is found from excerpts from, History of Logan County, W.Va. by Henry Clay Ragland Chapters 13-22 - The Genealogical Section). This reference indicates four Perry brothers ( Jack probably John "Jack", Joe(Joseph), Henry, and James ) were sons of John, a native of the north of Ireland. These sons agree with those of John and Elizabeth McClung. I know that his son Henry left Cabell/Logan Virginia in 1826 to Madison Indiana. Several records indicate a John Perry Immigrated to America Year: 1774 Age: 16 Place: Maryland. Estimated birth year: B: abt 1758 in Ireland.
There is another John Perry that is found as born in Augusta, Virginia in 1758, and served in the Rev. War. I do not believe this is the same John Perry in my direct lineage. He may be a cousin of my John Perry born to his Uncle Joseph who reportedly was in America by 1730s.

Last edited by PerryResearch on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total

wlperry
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Re: John Perry Sr & Jr

Post by PerryResearch Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:35 am

I've thought for a couple days what to post as a response. In our family, researching John Sr and Jr has been extremely rough. So many things are confused and incorrect info online has made it worse. When I started seriously researching this family in 2004, I quickly realized that the internet was full of incorrect and/or pieced together information that kept getting repeated over and over usually with no sources. This website exists in part to help get rid of the confusion with our Perry family.

Henry was a son of John Perry Jr, son of John Sr who in turn was a son of Swift, son of James of Perrymount.

John Jr was born abt 1758 probably in Dromore, County Down, Ireland (Northern Ireland) and came to America in 1774. He lived near his granduncle Joseph in Maryland until about 1777 when him & John Sr along with his uncle Swift II, & cousin Daniel Perry moved into Montgomery County, VA (in present day Monroe County, WV). John Jr probably married an Elizabeth McClung abt 1774/5. They had Mary, John III, Joseph (my line), Henry, Sarah, Florence, and James. Elizabeth apparently died and John remarried in 1798 to Jane Nelson, no issue. I've seen info that John Jr fought in the Rev War and/or the War of 1812. Interestingly, two brothers named John and Thomas Perry (maybe two sets of them) fought in each of those two wars and their records get mixed up a lot. John Jr died bef 1820 since Jane is listed alone; possibly in 1813.

John Sr, I have less info on. He was born abt 1734 + or - 3 years probably in Moira or Dromore, County Down, Ireland. His wife is unknown though some unverified online databases list her as Elizabeth. He is confused with at least four other John's online! This is the hardest family member for me to sort out in researching so far. He came to America, probably in 1774 with his son and is mentioned in his uncle Joseph's will. He last appears on the 1810 census in Monroe County, VA (WV).

Swift Perry was born abt 1697 in Lisburn, County Antrim, Ireland (Northern Ireland). He seems to have married an Elizabeth, though many online listings have an Isabel as his wife. They had James, Adam, Martha, John Sr, & Swift II (maybe others). The later two came to America. He died in 1783 Dromore and Elizabeth ten years later.

I'll post additional info on these guys and include source materials as soon as I get the time. Hopefully, this weekend.
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty William Florence Perry, Gregg County, Texas

Post by sanibeltom Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:16 pm

Is this query still active?
My wife's family are descendants of William Florence Perry, Gregg County, Texas and I have info to share as well as would like to get info about William.

Sanibeltom

sanibeltom
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Re: Queries from the Perry Ezine

Post by PerryResearch Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:27 am

Still active, just haven't had the chance to update for awhile. Feel free to post family info on the site and maybe some people will see it and have something to contribute.
PerryResearch
PerryResearch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

perry - Queries from the Perry Ezine Empty Re: Queries from the Perry Ezine

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down