Perry Research Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven Perry Brothers of North Carolina

2 posters

Go down

perry - Seven Perry Brothers of North Carolina Empty Seven Perry Brothers of North Carolina

Post by mafrerking Sat 22 May 2010, 3:14 pm

Hi. I have just found this forum. My road block is Rufus King Perry, born 1830 in Roane Co., TN, died abt 1873 near Rockwood, Roane CO., TN. He was married to Vine Ambrose in 1861. He had a brother, Marshall C. Perry who died inthe Civil War and four sisters, Elizabeth M., Fanny B., Nancy and Melissa (or Leticia). In the 1850 Census he is living in the household of Mary W. Perry b in 1801, in the 1850 Censu in the household of Polly Perry born in 1800. Mary W and Polly are presumeably the same person and maybe his mother. This would indicate that his father died or separated from the household prior to 1850. There is a Josiah Perry who married at Tempy Lewallen in 1827 in Roane TN. I have no evidence that Josiah Perry is related to Rufus King Perry, however in the 1830 Census he lives next door to William and Richard King, and has 1 son less than 5 years old.

Rufus King Perry is my gggrandfather.

My Uncle Bill Perry (who just passed away) at my request had his DNA analysed. The result was that he fits into a group of about 9 Perry's that may have descended from the Seven Perry Brothers who obtained grants for the Granville region of North Carolina in the mid 1700's. My Uncle Bill is most closely related by DNA to Joshua Perry Sr born 1790 in Lancaster, SC, but I have not been able to identify any paper trail connection. An announcement was just made that a person with proven ancestry from the 7 brothers has just had their DNA analyzed. I am eagerly awaiting the results.

I am very interested in any information anyone may have regarding Rufus King Perry.

mafrerking
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

perry - Seven Perry Brothers of North Carolina Empty Re: Seven Perry Brothers of North Carolina

Post by David Perry Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Greetings MAFRERKING,

I have a ggg/greatcousin named Rufus Perry. Rufus is the son of William Perry (7-bro). GOOGLE: Rufus Perry - he is facinating Texas Ranger - if he is the same Rufus that you're seeking.

Let me know . . .

Regards,

David Perry
California

David Perry
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down